Saturday, May 29, 2010

To Give Is To Get


**************To grow as a writer, I need to practice the art. Finding time to devote to my passion can be a challenge. I work at a dental office, workout regularly at a health and wellness facility, do laundry, pay bills, coddle my husband (not really) and have an assortment of other demands on me.

It's obvious that I don't have a great deal of time to devote to my favorite pastime. My practice writing consists of posts to my own blog and comments to my fellow bloggers' blog posts. Commenting on my cyber-friends' writings is doubly beneficial because it supports and encourages their passion for writing while it simultaneously allows me to exercise my writing muscles as I address the variety of topics which they've chosen to promote.

"To give is to get" is of course the case in every area of our lives. Specifically, today I'm moved to write that I appreciate all of you who take the time to read my words and those of you who offer your words on your own blogs and also comment here.

4 comments:

Gullible said...

Go, Shaddy, go! Stretch those metaphors, work those images, hoist those similes and antonyms.

Anonymous said...

I love reading the little nuggets of chocolate you share with us everyday. Little glimpses into your life. You even took us all on vacation. Thanks for sharing and always adding to the discussions on other blogs.

Natasha said...

I'm with Dayner on enjoying those little pieces of chocolate! As long as we don't have to fight over the raspberry creams!

Cheryl Peters said...

GULLY: I'm a bit rusty when it comes to using those writing techniques. I appreciate your choice of verbs, very clever.

I'm thankful that working with metaphors, images, similes and antonyms doesn't require physical effort. Physically at this moment, I've done enough for a while. If I had half a day, I'd tell you what I've been up to!

DAYNER: Your words make me happy. It's truly amazing how we enrich each others' lives as we sit at our computers and open our hearts.

NATASHA: I'll be sure to provide plenty of raspberry creams in the future!! Anything to avoid bickering and arguing. :)