Sunday, March 4, 2012

Oh No, A March Snow!

It's March.  Snow is in the forecast.   

At 1:30 on Friday, I looked out my patio door. 

At 2:15, I looked again.


The sky wept big white, wet teardrops. 


By nightfall, I was crying too as I took one last look and pulled the window blind down. 

Earlier in the afternoon, I snapped this...

...and this...

...and this...

...and a female and male cardinal and...

...Mr. Squirrel as dismayed as me and...

...this and...

...a snowed-in birdhouse and...

...a feeder full of hungry, not angry, birds and...

...the chili I made to comfort me and mine.

Comforting too is the fact that it'll all be gone very, very soon.  That goes for the chili and the snow!

Comfort #3:  The photos of the snow are a pleasant sight to see and they won't go away.

6 comments:

Linda McMann said...

I posted pictures last year of the first days of March with snow in our area. This March we had a dusting on March 1st, but today March 4th it was 56 and I worked in the garden pulling weeds.

Cheryl Peters said...

LINDA: 56 sounds wonderful! That's coming here tomorrow and I can't wait. Actually, we've had the mildest of winters, but I'm ready for spring and summer.

Natasha Alexander said...

What's that white stuff? Sand storm? Exploded pillows?

Seems to me I remember it from the distant past.

Nice pics! I'm enjoying watching squirrel acrobatics in my tree tops.

Sarie said...

Do you think this was winter's last hurrah?

These are so pretty Shaddy. I love the bird and the close ups - such pretty scenes. I'm not a fan of snow, but even I can admit it can be beautiful. These pictures prove it. Of course, on a day like today when it feels like spring. It's easier to reflect on its beauty.....

Nice post dear.....the chilli looks yummy!!!!

Cheryl Peters said...

NATASHA: Hey, how are you? The snow is now gone but I'm still not happy. I'm trading in the dead grass for beach sand. It's that time of the year again for us to hang out adjacent to the gulf waters of FL. Yes!!!!

SARIE: Blogger has shaped up after the choking. Awesome!! I do think last week's storm is the last winter surge we'll see until the next winter season.

Yesterday and today were unbelievable, weren't they? The mid 60s in early March is something to smile big about!! We're trading 60s for 80s by flying down to Siesta Key on Friday. Are we spoiled rotten or what!!

Allison @ Main St. Cuisine said...

Hi Cheryl...visiting from Sarah's Place. Your snow pics look so pretty (easy for me to say since I live in the south)....but we've hoped for a few snow days for the sledding and to enjoy the hot chocolate afterward. Your chili looks perfect for a snowy day!