Sunday, June 3, 2012

Aunt Marcie's 95th Birthday

My Aunt Marcie and her friends and family celebrated her 95th birthday at her house last Sunday.  Her birthday was officially Tuesday.  She looks fabulous, doesn't she?  (It was sweet of the girls to lean away so I could get a photo of just Marcie and her cake but silly me, I included them anyway.  Sorry!) 

Aunt Dorothy, Marcie's sister and relatives of Uncle Norm (deceased) were there.  (Dorothy is one of my most loyal supporters when it comes to my writing and in many other areas of my life as well.  We celebrated her 90th birthday earlier this year). 

My sister-in-law, Phyllis, my brother, John and Uncle Allen, Dorothy's husband engage in fun conversation.

Marcie's granddaughter, Kari and her boys, Evan and Elliott posed for me.  Kari's husband, Tony, was also present but I didn't get his picture.  Darn.  He's cute too!   

Marcie's son, Ron, and his wife, Dee cut and distribute pieces of the cake which is adorned with family photos.  Ron and Dee organized the lovely party. 
I caught you with frosting on your finger, Ron.  Looks like you didn't waste it!  Uncle Norm's brother observes.  Notice the gorgeous flower bouquet from Dee's garden.

I apologize for not taking pictures of Lon, my husband, and Kathy, my cousin, and her husband, Greg.  (If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous).  Also, please forgive me for failing to remember the names of Norm's family. 

Aunt Marcie and me.

Aunt Marcie, Aunt Dorothy and my mother, Katherine (deceased) were always very close.  Our families got together many times a year to celebrate holidays, birthdays and life in general. 

Aunt Marcie was and is an important person in my life.  She hosted very special wedding and baby showers for me that I'll never forget.  It would take too long to list all of my memories of Marcie but I carry them with me.

Thanks for all that you are and Happy Birthday, Aunt Marcie!

4 comments:

Sarie said...

She looks fabulous!!! Happy Birthday Aunt Marcie!! YAY!!!! Great photos dear...

Anonymous said...

Dear Cherie:

You are so clever, you did a fabulous job of
capturing the fun day. Love Auntie BABE

Cheryl Peters said...

SARIE: Marcie is amazing! She can't get around easily but she's doing pretty darn good.

AUNT BABE: See! There you are, praising me some more. I love it!!! Thank you.

Cheryl Peters said...

SARIE: Marcie is amazing! She can't get around easily but she's doing pretty darn good.

AUNT BABE: See! There you are, praising me some more. I love it!!! Thank you.