Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Eat It. It's Good For You.

I've gotten back into eating healthy again.  I squeeze as many nutritious foods into my breakfast bowl as I possibly can.  The first thing in my bowl is this yogurt which has 18 grams of protein in a 6 ounce serving.  That's mighty fine, right? 

To the yogurt, I add fresh blueberries.  They are presently my favorite fruit because "they" say these little critters may be memory enhancers.  Heck, I'll eat rocks if they'll help me remember what I went to the refrigerator for!


This brand of fiber is a good choice.  It keeps me moving and I feel patriotic while I'm at it.

Would a sane person buy and eat germs?  Probably not. 

So I'm insane.  And obsessive.  Yogurt, blueberries, Uncle Sam's cereal and wheat germ aren't enough.  I reckon I might as well add some more flaxseed.   

I shake in some walnuts; they're a good food.

I read something, somewhere that praised cinnamon so I sprinkle lots of it on as I eat my way to the bottom of the bowl. 

I love it because I know I'm making healthy choices.  Trust me, if I didn't care, I'd have a bacon cheeseburger smothered with ketchup for breakfast.   

2 comments:

Walk said...

I know you can't tell by looking at my fat behind, but I eat healthy too. While a good cheeseburger may be good, I prefer the good stuff. And why not, it cost twice as much as the cheeseburger.......and takes longer to fix.

Cheryl Peters said...

WALK: Isn't that the truth!!!! What can I say? We're healthy, with no spare cash and no time to get in trouble. We must be nuts, my friend.