Thursday, May 1, 2014

"Mentally Strong" Challenge #4


This month I will focus on the following:

Mentally strong people avoid wasting energy on things they can't control.

Mentally strong people don't complain (much) about bad traffic, lost luggage, or especially about other people, as they recognize that all of these factors are generally beyond their control.  In a bad situation, they recognize that the one thing they can always control is their own response and attitude, and they use these attributes well.


(This is #4 on a list of 13 things mentally strong people avoid which was compiled by Amy Morin, a psychotherapist and licensed clinical social worker).

The first three points on the list are in my blog archives, posted on the first of the month in February, March and April.

2 comments:

Cap said...

'Shaddy' .. this is one good writing .. I so support your plan here .. so decided to post this on your site .. SAD no one is posting you comments .. Cap ..

Mr. Charles R. Swindoll wrote ..

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”

Cheryl Peters said...

Cap: Thanks for stopping in and for sharing Mr. Swindoll's words.

I continue to work on my attitude. It's a daily challenge!!