Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Alaska Journal #11: After Dinner Verandah Views

I took these first four photos shortly after dinner on Tuesday, June 3rd, as we cruised the coastline between Ketchikan and Juneau, Alaska.

Big water and big sky.

Big everything!


These trees look like they've had a rough life.
The following pictures were taken between 9:00 and 9:40 pm that same evening.









Believe it or not, I do delete some of my photos.  I hope you don't get bored because some of my photos are quite similar to each other.  My finger often lingers over the delete button, but I see something in the picture that makes me keep it!!



A flaming sunset if I ever saw one.





















I love those clouds.

This is picture #461 of 2456.

Without a camera, I would have missed having these scenes to look back on today, tomorrow and the next day.

7 comments:

Linda McMann said...

Wow - that sunset is outstanding!It truly looks like fire in the sky! Lovely pictures, Cheryl.

Stephanie said...

Wow. That sunset was A-Mazing! I can't imagine what that was like in person. Great pictures. Looking forward to the next post!

Gullible said...

Dang, you must have spent a lot of time on that veranda! Great sunset photos.

Cap said...

OH WHAT FUN .. WE ARE SO HAPPY FOR YOU .. SMILES FROM CAP AND FROM PATTI .. WHAT ELSE TO ADD ..

Cap said...

A few of the sunset photos looked absolutely EERILY like a raging forest fire .. as I wrote a few day back .. Alaska experiences some horrendous forest fires each summer.

SHADDY .. PULL-ESE delete one of my two identical comments above .. you can completely delete any or even all comments on your blogger dashboard .. I thought that I had successfully overcome this 'glitch' of mine posting two identical comments at the same time ..

Thanks Shaddy .. Cap and Patti ..

Cheryl Peters said...

CAP & PATTI: No problem. The duplicate comment has bit the dust!!

A raging forest fire is right!!! and the clouds look like smoke to go with it!!! I didn't smell smoke so I assumed it was just the sun burning mad because it was bedtime.

See you here again soon.

Gullible said...

Those fiery sunset pix are terrific!