Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Beer Journal #29: Polka King Porter, Fantasy Factory, Oktoberfest Beer x 3, Captain's Copper Ale & More Brews For You

"Captain's Copper Ale"
Shipwrecked Microbrewery
Egg Harbor, WI (Door County)

We visited this brewery and I brought this bottle home. I enjoyed it on 10/24/14 and gave it a So So rating. 

"Oktoberfest"
German-Style Marzen
Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Co.
Chippewa Falls, WI

Label fun:
The Pride of Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin Since 1867
Carefully Brewed by The Leinkugel Family For Six Generations
A perfect beer to celebrate the fall season, featuring Munich, Pale & Caramel malts with four specialty hops.

I enjoyed this beer at Copper Falls in Clinton, WI on 10/24/14. I gave it a So So rating. Unfortunately, I undressed this bottle before taking its photograph!!! 

"Blonde"
American Lager
Guinness Brewing Company
Latrobe, PA

Label fun:
No. 1 in the Discovery Series
Finest Mosaic & Willamette American Hops
Guinness Artistry & Brewing Tradition
Est 1759

5% alc/vol

I awarded Guinness Blonde with a Yes Yes rating on 10/25/14.

"Oktoberfest"
Berghoff
Seasonal
Marzen Style Lager
Berghoff Brewery, Inc.
Stevens Point, WI

Label fun:
A stone-cold autumn celebration, no more, no less.
Since 1887

5.6% alc/vol

On 10/27/14, I rated this Oktoberfest lager as a So So beer.

"Hop Rise"
Session Ale
Central Waters Brewing Co.
Amherst, WI

Label fun:
An explosively hoppy yet sessionable IPA, bursting with a citrusy array of mango, orange and pineapple pleasantries. Hop Rise is a brewer's beer for one and all, generously hopped throughout the boil, then dry-hopped at the tail end of fermentation for a large bouquet.
ALE, SUN, EARTH AND SKY

So So is my rating for Hop Rise on 10/27/14.


"Fantasy Factory"
India Pale Ale
Karbena4 Brewing, LLC
Madison, WI

Label fun:
I must say that the armed cat atop the fire breathing horse with a rainbow background is a fantasy indeed.

6.3% alc/vol

I had this beer at The Rock on 10/25/14 and rated is So So. They had only recently added this bottled beer to their inventory.

"Oktoberfest"
Maerzen Style
Rhinelander Brewing Co.
Monroe, WI

Label fun:
This is a classic Maerzen style Oktoberfest with rich, biscuity malt flavors highlighted by old world noble hops.

5.2% alc/vol
IBU 21

Yes Yes is my rating for Rhinelander's Oktoberfest which I enjoyed on 10/26/14.

"Polka King"
Porter
Door County Brewing Co.
Brewed & bottled by Sand Creek Brewing Co.
Black River Falls, WI

Label fun:
You Sir & You Ma'am, Thank You for Your Kind Attention
Good Beer Will Make You Want to Dance
Hey-Hey  What-U-Say
Long Live the King!
Brewed With Pale Chocolate Malts & English Hops
OOM-PAH-PAH  OOM-PAH-PAH  OOM-PAH-PAH

On 10/28/14, I gave this porter a Yes Yes rating. That is quite amazing, considering that it was this beer that nearly did me in when I had it in Door County!


Awards go to:
Polka King, Guinness Blonde & Rhinelander Oktoberfest for Yes Yes ratings.
Leinie's Oktoberfest for the most colorful label.
Polka Kind for the most entertaining label, although I enjoyed Hop Rise's beer description on its label as well.


CHEERS!

No comments: