Friday, December 19, 2014

Beer Journal #38: War Hammer Porter, Chocolate Bunny Stout, Lust, Sloth, Little Sumpin' Extra! & More Brews

War Hammer
Coffee, Milk Porter
Valkyrie Brewing Co.
Dallas, WI

I enjoyed this on 12/13/14 at Jared's house.

I gave it a Yes Yes rating.

War Hammer is a malt beverage brewed with oatmeal and natural flavors.

The label instructs: Unpasteurized. Keep Cool! (I wonder how long this bottle of beer sat on the store shelf before I bought it and refrigerated it? Just saying).

Headwater
Pale Ale
Victory Brewing Co.
Downingtown, PA

I sipped this brew on 12/13/14 and said "Yes Yes."

The brewmasters, Bill and Ron, state: "Malted barley hops and yeast are the building blocks of beer. But none of these elements would exist without water, the essence of life. The waters that feed our brewery begin just over a dozen miles away, making for spectacularly pure and vital water for brewing. Having worked with watershed advocacy groups since our inception, we value our headwaters, our source in many ways. We think you'll value them as well when you taste this firmly crisp and aromatically arousing pale. Cheers."

Bill and Ron go on to tell us: "Victory Brewing Company's commitment to environmental stewardship runs deep, and our devotion to our local watershed remains the source of our inspiration. Vital streams like our East Branch of the Brandywine face an uncertain future without the care and action of folks like ourselves. 'Ourselves' includes you. Please follow the below link to understand what your support of this delicious ale is contributing to the cause."

www.victorybeer.com/headwaters 
Chocolate Bunny
Stout (Brewed with Cocoa Powder)
Rhinelander Brewing Co. LLC
Monroe, WI

I gave Chocolate Bunny a Yes Yes nod on 12/14/14.

This beer is 5.5% alc./vol. with 66 I.B.U.

I got a kick out of these words on the label:

"Dark and silky rich stout loaded with chocolate flavor. Is there chocolate in my beer or beer in my chocolate?"


West Coast IPA
India Pale Ale
Green Flash Brewing Co.
San Diego, CA

On 12/14/14, I gave this beer a Yes Yes rating.

The alc. by vol. content is 7.3%.

The label boasts:

"Fine Hand-Crafted Ales"

"Extravagantly Hopped"

Lust
Weissbier
Bavarian-Style Wheat Ale
Saint Francis Brewing Co.
St. Francis, WI

I relaxed with Lust on 12/15/14.

I rated it Yes Yes.

The label drawing is of Eve holding an apple out to Adam as the serpent looks on. That event in history was a true example of lust.

(St. Thomas) Belgian Abbey
Belgian Style Dark Ale
Limited Release
Potosi Brewing Co.
Potosi, WI

7.5% ALC/VOL

I relaxed with this beer on 12/15/14 with dinner at The Thirsty Badger with Lon and Jared.

The label tells me:

"All Profits to Charity"

"This medium-bodied ale is deep red-brown in color and has a nice malty sweetness with a chocolate-like caramel aroma that finishes with a light hop flavor."

Little Sumpin' Extra!
Ale
Lagunitas Brewing Company
Petaluma, CA & Chicago, IL

64 I.B.U.
O.G. 1.081
Alc. 8.5% by Vol.

Label findings:

"These words are the voice of the beer you are about to drink; they are an attempt to be understood. The beer beneath is more than just words. It is a promise. You are the promised. Revel in your times."
-also-
"...of hops, malt, hops, hops, yeast, hops, water, and hops."

"LIFE IS UNCERTAIN. DON'T SIP."

Dragon Blade
American Retro Lager
Valkyrie Brewing Co.
Dallas, WI

I tipped a glass of Dragon Blade on 12/17/14 and shouted "Yes Yes" upon my final sip.

I see this beer is "Unpasteurized. Keep Cool!"

It's quite interesting to find that many of the beers have quite unusual names, from light-hearted to dark and sinister. 

Sloth
Brown Ale
Saint Francis Brewing Co.
St. Francis, WI

I contemplated and sipped Sloth on 12/17/14 and hollered, "Yes Yes."

The drawing on the label pictures an unshaven man, sitting down and leaning against a building with his head resting on his chest. He's definitely not accomplishing a thing.

Just so you know, I don't approve of sloth, but I drank Sloth Brown Ale without hesitation.

Amber Lager
Wisconsin Brewing Co.
Verona, WI

I eased into evening on 12/18/14 with Amber Lager. It evoked a Yes Yes rating as most every beer does these days.

This beer contains alc. 5.5% by vol.

The label was quiet. I found nothing else to tell you.

Gandy Dancer
Porter
Potosi Brewing Co.
Potosi, WI

6.0% ALC/VOL

Today, 12/19/14, I welcomed the weekend with Gandy Dancer and nodded Yes Yes upon my last sip.

The red banner on the upper left edge of the label states, "ALL Profits to Charity."

I don't know what to say about that other than, "That's crazy awesome."

CHEERS!  

1 comment:

Cap said...

WOW .. THAT IS ALL .. WOW ..