Friday, February 13, 2015

Syttende Mai Run (Madison to Stoughton, WI) May 16th, 1981

Lon found this picture in a drawer last weekend. It was taken down the final stretch of a 20-mile run that I participated in back in 1981. The run was part of the Norwegian Independence Day celebration which is held annually in Stoughton, WI. 


By the look on my face, you can see the determination it takes to run that far; the many hills added to the challenge.

My time was 2 hours and 56 minutes.

Oh my, that was 34 years ago!!!


1 comment:

Cap said...

What a day! I just lost a long comment on Gullible's website. Then I just lost a comment here on you website Shaddy ..

From the Top Maestro!

What a nice post Shaddy .. a NIFTY post .. one from back-in-the-day! You betcha a 20-mile run IS intense. How fun it is to see the photos .. Smiles from Hong Kong .. Cap ..