Monday, September 7, 2009

Hanging Out Friday Evening

Ryan (my brother Carl's son) and Jared (my son) laughing about who knows what!

Britt (my brother John's daughter) and Beth (my brother Carl's daughter) doing whatever they're doing!

Beth being her cute self in John's kitchen.

Britt, me and a pineapple (compliments of Beth--thank you for adding the fruit, you crazy girl!)

Phyllis (the bride-to-be) and Britt sharing the love.

Britt and Beth as always, cute as can be. They ARE living Dolls after all! In other words, their last name is Doll, as mine was before I married. Awesome, huh?

Ryan, Britt, Beth and Jared, first cousins looking good.

Carl (my younger brother) and Ryan by the fire pit in John's back yard beside the Rock River.


Carl, Ryan, John (my youngest brother), Britt and Beth chilling out in the light of the fire.


Beth, Phyllis, Lon (my husband) and Tom (my oldest brother) enjoying the evening by the river. If you're curious about what Lon is doing, I'll explain. He's adding a lime slice to his bottle of Corona with a special techique he learned from Jared. I prefer to just force the slice of lime down into the upright bottle. Oh well, to each his own.

Ryan, Carl, Drew (Carl's second son), John, Britt and Beth watching the sparks fly.



The weekend pre-wedding festivities began in earnest on Friday afternoon.

My brother-Tom, my brother-Carl, Carl's sons-Ryan and Drew, Carl's daughter-Beth and Ryan's wife-Sarah and baby girl-Abigail all arrived from Michigan on Friday afternoon at my brother-John's home.

Lon, Jared and I joined the family for fun, dinner and a bonfire by the river.

My next post will include Saturday's activities with more family, fun and festivities.

(You can relax. I promise there won't be a quiz on names).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shaddy you seem to have captured it all, looks like a nice family get together. Auntie sends her love.

Cheryl Peters said...

Auntie Babe: I'm so glad you like the photos. There will be more pictures including a photo of you and Allen taken on Saturday. It's a little blurry for some reason but it's good anyway.
I've been having some computer problems that are driving me nuts but hopefully I can post some more stuff pretty soon.

Tina Tarnoff said...

You have a wonderful family! I love the photo pof you, Britt and the pineapple. Nice touch, the pineapple :)! I have to comment that that fire pit looks amazing. I want one! It must be so nice to sit around it on a cool night and just hang around. Btw, I'm interested in that lime technique, I'm also always trying to push the lime into the bottle :)