Saturday, April 27, 2013

Let's Make A Deal

We have tiny hooks between our kitchen and family room.  We like to hang seasonal doodads from them.  I found these cute metal, painted characters at a craft shop. 

This one's a grasshopper.

On the next hook hangs this multi-colored fish.

I call this one a frog.

On account of the beak, I suspect this is a bird.

Lastly, a parrot.


Hanging from springs, here's the lineup.

I thought Lon would love my animated pets.  He was speechless when I drew his attention to them.  So we made a deal. 

I found five of these lanterns at Menards.  They had red ones but we hang red ornaments during the winter months so we opted for the black.

I must admit they present a more dignified look, but I love my colorful pets.

We made a deal.  During spring and summer, each month we'll switch between my no-maintenance pets and Lon's preference, the lanterns.  I've marked the calendar so we won't forget.

Don't you just love a good deal!!?? 

2 comments:

Gullible said...

I vote for your pets.

Cheryl Peters said...

GULLY: Cool. I was thinking I might be the only one who liked the silly things. They're so darn cute, they cheer me up. What's not to like about that!