Friday, September 20, 2013

Wednesday Evening's Harvest Moon


My neighbor, Bill, knows things.  He called Wednesday evening to tell me there was a Harvest Moon in the sky.  While talking with him, I peeked out the front window and there it was.

The Harvest Moon is the full moon that falls closest to the autumnal equinox which is this coming Sunday and marks the beginning of the fall season in the Northern Hemisphere.     


I thanked Bill for the heads-up and grabbed my camera.


Of course, I grabbed my camera.  Anything worth looking at is worth a photo.

And, of course, if one photo is good, a slew is better.

 
From a grand total of twenty-six photos, I have picked my favorites to show you. 

The picture below is of the moon on an evening earlier this year.


 
 
Let's back up in time a bit.  Don't be scared; only a slight journey of one month is required.  On August 20th of this year, Bill (the guy who knows things, remember?) called to tell me a Blue Moon was in the sky.  By now you know my knee-jerk reaction was to take pictures and so I did.  Today, for comparison purposes, I searched through my picture files and pulled out this photo of the Blue Moon.

             So there you have it, a Harvest Moon and a Blue Moon.

                             Thanks, Bill, for knowing things.                           


 

No comments: