Friday, February 6, 2015

Beer Journal #47: Fuel Cafe, Cabin Fever, Black Rye, Cherry Doppelschwarz, Iron Rusted & More

Fuel Cafe
Stout brewed with coffee
Lakefront Brewery, Inc.
Milwaukee, WI

I had this beer on 2/1/15.

Straight off the label:
6.4% ALC./VOL.
Brewed with organic malted barley, organic hops, organic coffee.
Certified organic by the Oregon Tilth
USDA Organic

Cabin Fever
Honey Bock Lager
New Glarus Brewing Co.
New Glarus, WI

This was my second beer on 2/1/15.

Straight off the label:
"Cool days draw us close to the warmth of home fires. This is the season to sip away the chill and embrace quiet evenings with friends and family.
You hold a Wisconsin Style Honey Bock, easy going and more approachable than its tradition dark German cousin. Bock beers have existed in Wisconsin for over 150 years. This pale bock is brewed with an exclusive blend of Wisconsin two row barley that balances seamlessly with our special European hops. Naturally sweet Clover Honey was added in the kettle accenting warm flavor notes on your tongue.
Whether you reminisce the passing summer sun or thrill to squeaky steps through drifting snow one thing is certain about winter in Wisconsin, this too shall pass.
Best Wishes, Daniel & Deborah Carey

Black Rye
Dry Hopped Dark Ale Brewed With Rye
Founders Brewing Co.
Grand Rapids, MI

I confronted this dark ale on 2/2/15.

Straight off the label:
7.5% ALC. BY VOL.
78 IBUs

Big Eddy Cherry Doppelschwarz
Brewed with Door County, WI cherries
Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Co.
Chippewa Falls, WI & Milwaukee, WI

I tasted the cherry in my beer on 2/3/15.

Straight off the label:
8.5% Alc/Vol
"Our brewery was born on the Big Eddy Spring in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin. Its waters guiding us through six generations of genuine brewing heritage.
2014"

Iron Rusted
Irish Style Ale
Gray's Brewing Company
Janesville, WI

On 2/4/15, I drank rusted iron.

Straight off the label:
"Iron Rusted" - Irish Slang for "busted." While we hope you enjoy Gray's Iron Rusted Irish Style Ale, please be sure to drink responsibly.

Island Wheat
Ale
Capital Brewery Co., Inc.
Middleton, WI

I went to the island on 2/5/15.

Straight off the label:
4.2% ALC./VOL.
125 Calories
"An American-style wheat brewed with local Wisconsin wheat, this unfiltered beer is rich golden in color, refreshing and full of flavor.

Rogue
Mocha Porter
Oregon Brewing Co.
Newport, OR

It was on 2/6/15 that I took on this beer.

Straight off the label:
100% Pure Rogue
The bottle cap tells me this: Dedicated to the rogue in each of us.
Lupulin Maximus
Imperial Pale Ale
O'So Brewing Co.
Plover, WI

Today, 2/6/15, I had this imperial pale ale.

Straight off the label:
WARNING: bottle may contain hop cone

I'm soooo glad I saw the warning because as I poured this ale from the bottle into the glass, suddenly something appeared at the mouth of the bottle. It was, indeed, a hop cone!!!!

See it there in front of my glass? How cool is that?

In my book, this is very, very cool. I took the time to contact O'So Brewing Co. to tell them about the kick I got out of finding a hop cone in my beer!!!

CHEERS!!!!!!! 

1 comment:

Cap said...

How I ponder did the hop cone pass through the neck opening of the bottle. It looks to large to do so. Again .. such work on the props for each beer. Much Joy Shaddy ..