Sunday, April 19, 2009

Beep, Beep



My dear friend, Sarah, presented me with this awesome, copper roadrunner pendant last Thursday. Sarah collects and sells vintage items. I came across this copper medallion in her unique collection. I placed an order for it and that's when the fun began.

Allow me to go back in time a bit, please. Since I'm a runner and a biker (riding the self-propelled type), when I first laid eyes on this comical bird captured in copper as he dashes across a cactus/desert scene, I just knew that I had to have it. I placed my order with a special request. Sarah agreed to replace the original longer, copper chain with a shorter cord-type necklace. When I e-mailed her to ask if I could mail a check directly to her rather than through her website, she had other ideas. She insisted that the pendant just HAD to be a gift from her rather than a purchase. Sarah wanted me to have the pendant for reasons of her own.

A few days later, I received a beautifully embossed silver box, delivered personally by Sarah's husband, Russ. I took the lid off and there it was, nestled atop a soft cotton pillow. I loved it even more when I saw it first hand and held it up. Along with the gift was a note from Sarah. This is her message:

"Congratulations Shaddy!! You have been awarded the Roadrunner Medal of Honor!! Yah!! For excellence in conquering those roads by foot or by two wheels!! You're the best! A true inspiration! Love you-Sarah"

This example of unexpected thoughtfulness and support is what makes life a blast. I'll wear my copper roadrunner pendant with pride in my achievements and, even more so, as a reminder of the joy that having a friend like Sarah has brought and, I pray, will continue to bring me.

Beep, beep.

FYI: Sarah's blog is http://www.dayspringsarah.blogspot.com/. There's an ever-present link to it on my blog list.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love you back Shaddy! I'm glad you like the "medal," it is so appropriate! I bet it looks just fabulous on you!

Beep, Beep!

Anonymous said...

This is really cool. Does Sarah have a site where she sells her vintage finds?