Friday, April 3, 2009

Eyes Open, But Nobody's Home

That's me today. I crawled out of bed at 7:00AM, showered, dressed and went to work. On Fridays, I work from 8:00 to noon. I drove out of the dental office parking lot at 12:01PM, stopped at the bank to deposit my pay check, bought stamps at Walgreens and rented Slumdog Millionaire from the video store on the corner.

As I write this blog for today, I'm only alert enough to spill a few words out. I don't know why but since I woke this morning, although the sun is brightly shining, I'm definitely living in a mental fog. A nap sounds nice but my husband is outside raking. I'm going to join in the "fun" and hope to have an improved report upon my return.

Two hours of raking have passed and I have to admit that I feel a bit more invigorated, a smidgen motivated and less mentally impaired. I wore a headband outside to prevent an earache, a fleece top over my shirt and a down-filled vest to boot. The sunshine on my back and my physical effort had me shed the vest early on. I tossed the fleece top when I raked out of the wind. Back inside, I find myself thinking positively about the laundry. I'm ready to tackle the pile. Normally, on Tuesday and Friday afternoons, I do a load or two. Doing that seemed out of the question earlier but after the fresh air and change of scenery, I'm up to it.

I'm flaming now. I sorted laundry and chucked a load of towels in the washer. Back upstairs, I emptied my carryall bag of a coffee mug, a water bottle, my deposit and debit receipts, my check stub, the movie video, the stamps, an empty plastic container w/lid (it had raisin bran for breakfast in it), my purse and keys. I entered the deposit and debits in my checking account record, put some items in the dishwasher and watered my poinsettia plant.

My husband is bringing dinner home soon. A restaurant close by does a great job with cod on Wednesday and Fridays. We'll soon be perched on our pub table enjoying wine, beer, cod, American fries, coleslaw, French bread and each other. Later, we'll watch the movie and that'll be it for the day.

The sun is still shining, my mental fog has lifted and it's been a good day after all.

1 comment:

Gullible said...

"Here comes the sun,
Here comes the sun.
and I say it's all right...."

Les Beatles