Monday, July 27, 2009

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly At The Resort



















This hodgepodge of photos was taken on Sunday afternoon as I wandered around the resort. Parts of the resort property strongly resemble a junk yard as represented in a few of the photos. The cabins are clean and everything we want is accessible so what the heck.

Due to the recession and the unfavorable first impression visitors are faced with upon entering, we're presently the only inhabitants of the resort besides the owners and their son. Ron and Margaret just finished building and furnishing a huge multi-family dwelling which will be rented on Friday.

So considering we have the resort to ourselves all week, we don't mind the not so pretty sights here and there. My camera shutter clicks nearly non-stop partly due to the unusual sights I've been beholding.

I promise to take some normal vacation photos before I leave. I apologize for the nearly constant close-ups, but I find them the most fascinating.

I'm way behind on posting photos. I don't know how many more I have that I took yesterday.
filled on Friday

2 comments:

Gullible said...

Maybe I'm not seeing the total view, but so far I haven't seen anything outrageously junky--and I am a freak for tidy exteriors. I think the old vise is cool and utilitarian, but the red shopping cart and the old door definitely should be out of sight. However, as the saying goes, "You only have one chance to make a first impression." Nice that you have the place to yourselves.

Sarah said...

What a travelogue you have here Shaddy...it's amazing. I feel like I'm up there with you. Keep shooting and writing about your vacation, I'm loving it. I hope you are :)