Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Latest Update






(Click on the top photo to see how tall they're getting. I'm determined to eventually get a picture with all three baby robins visible).

Since my last post on Rockin' Robin and the Robinettes, I discovered there aren't just two, but indeed three Robinettes alive and well in the nest in our backyard. Yesterday, I snapped one more good picture of the young ones but mother isn't being as cooperative today.

I stood in my usual spot this evening with my camera poised, waiting for her to return to the nest. Out of the blue, she flew down, swept right past me and perched on the roof over my head. She verbally warned me to take my camera and scram. I chose to obey her only after capturing a photo of her and her evil eye peering at me from the roof. She flew down on the grass between me and the nest and continued to scold me. As I obediently backed into the house, I took two more pictures. I'm a female on a mission too.

I respect Rockin' Robin's protective instincts but I'll do my best to get some more pictures as the Robinettes grow. A few days ago, their heads were just barely visible above the nest and now they're very easy to see when they rise up. You can see in the photo how much taller they are.

Tune in again for another episode featuring my fine feathered friends. Let's give them a big old round of applause. Let's hear it for Rockin' Robin and Her Robinettes!!!

2 comments:

Gullible said...

Way to go, Shaddy. It'll be so much fun watch them fledge and fly.

Sarah said...

Bravo!! Bravo!!!

This is so cool Shaddy. It is fascinating to watch this entire process through your eyes. I can not believe how fast they've grown! Rockin' Robin has an aura of pride around her doesn't she? Look at the picture of her on the roof. Love it! I wonder how long it will be before you have three little Robinettes romping around that pretty backyard of yours. I will definitely stay tuned for the next episode...Thank you!