Here's our thirty-year old kitchen countertop. It's still in fine shape but we're definitely ready for a change.
It's time to devote a post to a little of this and a little of that. So ready or not, here's what's up in Shaddy's world. Feel free to pick and choose what interests you or skip this entirely and go to on to something else. I'll understand, but I won't necessarily like it. Whaaaa!
1. I had an excellent WORKOUT this afternoon at NorthPointe that went like this:
a. I warmed up on the elliptical trainer for 10 minutes.
b. A lower body weight machine workout followed.
c. I grabbed my sunglasses and went outside to run. I planned to run at least one mile but
felt good enough to run three.
d. Lane swimming in the pool was a perfect form of exercise to finish my workout.
2. We picked out a new kitchen COUNTERTOP and measurements were taken this afternoon. In a
few weeks, the extremely old (approximately 30 years old) saddle-colored one will be
replaced by a granite-look countertop in a variegated pattern of black, browns and ivory.
Why we've updated everything else but hung on to that is beyond me. We can't wait for
the new look.
3. CORN-ON-THE-COB has replaced our daily bread. From last week until who knows when,
that's the veggie we'll enjoy nearly every day. The corn we buy is so good that I don't
add butter or salt; I eat it bare-naked, the corn that is. I mean, the corn's naked, but I'm
fully dressed. Sheesh!
4. The WINE I'm tipping this week is Barefoot Shiraz. I do take my shoes off for that.
5. We added another BIRDHOUSE to our indoor collection. We came across it in a shop in
Lake Geneva. I had no trouble agreeing to bring that one home; often, I just roll
my eyes when Lon starts eyeing more birdhouses.
6. When I'm thirsty for a carbonated DRINK, I opt for a fruit juice and club soda mixture.
It's nutritious and a real thirst quencher.
7. I picked up the tomatoes at a roadside stand. I could nearly live on BLTs in the
summer. Dad's tomatoes were the best, but these will have to do.
That's the news for now. Crumple up the newspaper and go on out and build a campfire; try it, you'll like it.