Monday, July 18, 2011

Welcome To a Scene in Our Backyard

Please take a chair and enjoy the delightful sound of our newly acquired, lighted trickling water pots and the beauty of our first summer with coneflowers.

The continuous background sound of water trickling as it travels from pot to pot is relaxing and soothing as I work in this area.

We've fallen in love with the colors and impact provided by these hardy coneflowers.  We plan to add several more plants to strategic spots in both our front and back yards.

Do you have a favorite flower that is a must in your yard every summer? 

8 comments:

Linda McMann said...

Peonies and Dahlias are my favorites. Your post just sparked an idea - I have eleven plants in my garden that have been touted to have medicinal properties. Guess that shows my pharmacist background! Foxglove, viola, echinacea (cone flower), St. John's wort, magnolia, begonia, calendula, California poppy, rose, yarrow, and hydrangea.

Cheryl Peters said...

PARROT: I'd love to see photos of your grand variety of flowers. Do you think that munching on the leaves of your flowers will provide the medicinal qualities they're known for? :)

Anonymous said...

WOW I love it, what a beautiful relaxing setting.
All your work sure pays off. Auntie

Cheryl Peters said...

AUNT BABE: Thank you so much! With the hot weather, it's a real challenge to keep everything watered--yikes!!

Sarah said...

Oh I'm so glad you posted these! It's fun to see the fruits of your labor, Shaddy. I love all od these photos and the things in them. The chair is wonnnnnnnnderful and I could sit there all day, enjoying the view. Beautiful honey, just beautiful!
Love,
Sarie

Shokoofeh said...

Aw Shaddy this is so lovely! :)
Enjoy your summer time, dear lady friend. xo

Cheryl Peters said...

SARIE: Thank you for popping in!! I'm glad Blogger is presently behaving itself.

I promise to post a photo of my latest purchase--the mini birdbath. I took lots of pictures around the yard on Tuesday evening. It's fun to share with friends who get a kick out of outdoor beauty.

SHOKOOFEH: I appreciate your friendship, visit and comment.

Mistress Maddie said...

I just love the first shot! I do believe red are the prettiest flowers in a summer garden! Bright and chic.