Sunday, April 5, 2015

Challenge #8: Mentally Strong People Don't Make the Same Mistakes Over and Over.

MENTALLY STRONG PEOPLE
The 13 Things They Avoid
by Amy Morin

Today, I'd like to focus on the 8th challenge, which is:

Mentally strong people don't make the same mistakes over and over.

Quoting Amy Morin, "We all know the definition of insanity, right? It's when we take the same actions again and again while hoping for a different and better outcome than we've gotten before. A mentally strong person accepts full responsibility for past behavior and is willing to learn from mistakes. Research shows that the ability to be self-reflective in an accurate and productive way is one of the greatest strengths of spectacularly successful executives and entrepreneurs."

I will present challenge #9 next month here on my blog.

If you're interested in learning about all 13 points in depth, get a copy of Amy Morin's book, 13 THINGS MENTALLY STRONG PEOPLE DON'T DO.

1 comment:

Cap said...

I think that maybe Amy needs to re-title this subject as follows:

Provided the person is young and not a senior citizen .. MENTALLY STRONG PEOPLE DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES OVER AND OVER.

Almost daily .. KNOWING that I am now dropping things all the time .. I continue to drop things!

Smiles and a wink-of-the-eye .. but it is true .. sadly .. to some degree I am repeating mistakes as I approach my elder years!!