Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Beer Journal #43: Saga IPA, Wild Ride IPA, Decadent Dark Chocolate Ale & Rebel Kent-The First Amber Ale

Saga IPA
Summit Brewing Co.
St. Paul, MN

On 1/10/15, I shared this bottle of beer with my troll friend. He'd been on a top shelf, totally ignored for years. He greatly enjoyed his gulps of Saga IPA.

This bottle label doesn't offer much. That's fine. I like wordy labels, but silence is golden.  

Wild Ride
IPA
Sand Creek Brewing Co.
Black River Falls, WI

I sipped Wild Ride appropriately during the Packers "wild" win over the Cowboys on Sunday, 1/11/15.

The folks at Sand Creek Brewing Company let their beers do the talking.

Decadent
Dark Chocolate Ale
Atwood Brewery
Detroit, MI

I substituted this brew for dessert after dinner on 1/12/15. Chocolate in any form hits the spot.

Off the label:
"Malt beverage brewed with chocolate"
"Brewed in Detroit"

My thoughts:
A year ago, I would have shook my head if I'd seen a beer brewed with chocolate. I may have even laughed. After trying hundreds of beers, I've learned to enjoy them all.

Rebel Kent
The First Amber Ale
3 Sheeps Brewing Co.
Sheboygan, WI

The cute label caught my eye today, 1/13/15, when I opened the refrigerator.

Off the label:
5.0% ALC/VOL

My thoughts:
I like the rebel all dolled up on the label, peering at me over his shades.


CHEERS!!! 

No comments: