Friday, March 2, 2012

Do You Think I'm Cheesy?

I tasted samples of this cheese last week when I was grocery shopping.  Honestly, I helped myself to three toothpick speared chunks.  I was hungry after working out and after tasting one, I snuck back again and again. 


I wanted to take some of this cheese home.  That is, until I saw the price sticker.  I sighed and walked away.

Fortunately, a week later, I caved in and bought some of this awesome cheese.  It reminds me of a very, very, very sharp cheddar but its texture is different.

Thanks to my friend, Sarie, I'm taking a broader look at foods.  I'm looking forward to exposing myself to an assortment of new tastes this year.

(After writing the title to this blog post, I looked up the word "cheesy" in the dictionary.  I found "shoddy" among the synonyms.  Many of you know my nickname is Shaddy).

Shaddy.  Shoddy.  I'm only a letter away from being cheesy!!
 

2 comments:

Gullible said...

Shaddy, please don't expose yourself to new foods in public places or you might have to do all your shopping online from home.

Cheryl Peters said...

GULLY: You can't imagine how I struggled to get the point of your comment. I had to go back and reread my post and then your comment again before it dawned on me!!!

I bet you didn't mean to cause me such strenuous mental strain.

(My first thought was that you were warning me that I might get sick to my stomach after sampling unfamiliar tastes. I surely would be embarrassed if I threw up right there while other shoppers were in the area. I probably wouldn't want to return to that store too soon!!)

Now that I get what you were saying, it's so very, very obvious. Oh well, it's Saturday and my brain is chilling.