Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I Like Brie, Do You?

I'm in the mood to try different cheeses rather than limiting myself to the mundane kinds I normally buy.
A dear friend of mine, Sarie, used brie in one of her recipes recently.  It reminded me that the one time I bought myself some many, many years ago, I'd liked it.

Sarie recommended a brand with the Eiffel Tower on it but I haven't found that one yet.  I bought some in Florida earlier this month (I can't remember the brand name) and then this package today here in town.

I know it has a lot of fat (9 grams in a one inch cube) so I plan to eat only a small amount at a time, perhaps with a cracker in a lawn chair on the deck or screen porch.

Do you like the white rind that surrounds the block of cheese?  I know it's edible, but sometimes I remove it.  Does it have its own taste or is it my imagination?

I plan to try gouda next. 

3 comments:

Sarie said...

Ohhhh!!! I've been meaning to try that brand, but they're always out of it :( I'm happy you like if it's wonderful with a little fruit on a cracker too.

I love that gouda's next!! I don't think I've tried that. If I have, I've forgotten if I like it. I'm anxious to hear how you like it, and what I should eat it with :)

Hooray for us Cheeseheads! Rockin' the good cheese :D we are. We're so awesome.

Happy Tuesday dear! Love you!

Cheryl Peters said...

SARIE: It seems like Woodman's has cheese in so many locations that I get dizzy. I wasn't in the mood to check out all the brands so I just picked up the President brand, that is, after I didn't see one with the Eiffel Tower on it. :)

Cheeseheads we are and we love it don't we!!

I think gouda is sealed in red wax. I'll definitely report after checking it out.

Be sure to make tomorrow a good day by having some cheese!

Carole said...

Nice post. For a bit of light relief you might enjoy this cartoon about the food pyramid. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/food-pyramid.html