Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My PC Kindle Cloud Reader


I'm reading the new book release, MRS. KENNEDY AND ME, on my laptop.  

I downloaded a free application to my PC; it's called a Kindle Cloud Reader.  It allows me to read Kindle books on my Windows PC using a Google Chrome web browser which I downloaded especially for that purpose.  Although, I will have to pay for the books, I didn't have to purchase a Kindle.    

I must be awfully lazy because I love the fact that I can read no-handed!  With my PC on my lap, I don't have to hold a book or even a Kindle.  When I want to go to the next page, I do have to push the down arrow key, but I think I can manage that!

I normally get my books from the library so I've resisted buying a Kindle or other electronic reader, but I was so anxious to get my hands on the new release, MRS. KENNEDY AND ME, I didn't want to wait for a library copy.  With Kindle Cloud, I didn't have to wait.

Need I say more?  Yes, I do!  I'm in reading heaven.    

7 comments:

Gullible said...

Do you know you can "borrow" books from your library using your Kindle app? What I like about a real Kindle is that it's extremely portable and can be read outdoors in bright sunlight, like at he beach.

Cheryl Peters said...

GULLY: I'll have to try borrowing books from the library with my new app.

Also, I'll have to read in the shade! That's good because I shouldn't be in the sun as much as I often am!

Sarie said...

That is so awesome!!! You're hardly lazy my dear, you're just leaving your hands free to hold the Major Peters Bloody Mary!

This is so cool, and fun too. I'm looking forward to your review of your new book. I'm reading up a storm up here and always curious as to which books you like.

Have fun with the new app dear. Happy Wednesday!
Love,
Sarie

Cheryl Peters said...

SARIE: You're so smart, my friend! Actually, during this spell of cooler weather, I haven't been hitting the vodka. But I have been using my hands to eat dry Special K or Corn Chex cereal while I read.

So far, I'm enjoying the book about Jackie Kennedy, written by her Secret Service agent, Clint Hill. I'm intrigued by Jackie. You probably figured that if I actually paid to read a book, I must have REALLY been interested!! Clint Hill was intrigued by her as well which makes the book a good read.

Happy Wednesday afternoon and evening, Sarie.

Natasha Alexander said...

Ah, I came in via Chrome so I could leave you a message. Check this out:

http://ereadernewstoday.com/category/free-kindle-books/

Every day they list books that are available FREE for the day at Amazon. I've downloaded a bunch and read several. It's definitely worthwhile to check out!

Glad you're enjoying your reader. Let me finish writing my book so you'll have something else to read.

Unknown said...

@ Gullible - Yes, it's great that we can borrow eBooks from libraries, but also we can have them from sites like All you can books and all for free... without paying anything. I'm glad that I found about this one from a good friend, who knows quite a lot about books and what deserves to be read.

Cheryl Peters said...

NATASHA: Thank you for the tip. And yes, finish your second book so I can add it to my eBook library. It was when I was searching online for your first book that I came across the Kindle Cloud Reader app! Thank you again, Natie!!

DIANA: WOW! I'll be checking out "All you can books" ASAP. It seems I'll soon have plenty to read; is there a website where I can buy some additional hours to add to each day so I can read, read, read?