Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Disappearing Corn Crunch Clusters


Here they are.  Get a good look because they will soon vanish.

If you want some, you'll need 3 and a half cups of these,  

half a cup of butter, real butter,

2/3 cup of this,

1 tablespoon of corn syrup and

1/4 teaspoon of this.


Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly (2 to 3 minutes).  Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup.  Increase heat to medium.  Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil (1 to 2  minutes).  Boil 1 minute.  Remove from heat.  Stir in vanilla.  Add cereal and gently stir until well coated. 

Drop mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls onto wax paper.  Cool completely.

BEWARE!  I sent a batch of these with Lon to work.  He and Jared ate all of them before lunch.


2 comments:

Sarie said...

I just made these, as soon as your post showed up in my email. LOL! I couldn't help it! They looked so good. And they. Are. FANTASTIC!!!! Omg Shaddy, I owe you for this one. Thank you so much for the treat today! LOVE!!!
Happy, happy Tuesday!!!!

Cheryl Peters said...

SARIE: You are so sweet! I can't believe you've made them already; not that they're difficult or anything, just that you have such a grand selection of recipes to choose from.

I'm tickled that you put my recipe to use. I bought two more boxes of corn chex this afternoon. 2 boxes for $5 at Hilander/Schnuck's, near NorthPointe. I suspect I'll be making more clusters again soon. They're so easy, I really have no excuse!!

Have a lovely evening, Sarie!!