Monday, February 25, 2013

A Bit of Blueberry Drowned in Dark Chocolate

I'm searching the world over for things to eat that contain blueberries.  Blueberries contain something that's good for my memory.  I don't know what that is and I don't really care.  To be blatantly honest, I can't remember exactly what it is. 

Just tell me what's good for me and I'll eat it.  Many of the foods I eat don't taste very good, like plain rice cakes that taste more like cardboard than rice.  I've come to expect that to eat nutritiously, I can't expect great taste.  

Until:  

I love to roam the aisles at Menard's.  I spotted the package above in a display near the cash registers a few weeks ago.  This "health food" gives me a grand excuse to eat dark chocolate.  Since then, I keep coming back to Menard's for more.  My friend in Delaware, Meika, warned me that these seemingly harmless treats are addictive.  She's right!!!

More good news:  Fortunately, my self-discipline is helping me out.  After dinner every day, I ration out three little chocolates for me and three for Lon.  It's hard to stop at three, but so far, so good.  

A good memory is a fine thing but...     

2 comments:

mary.anne.gruen@gmail.com said...

I'm afraid I'm not very good about eating healthy. And my husband is one of those people with an enormous appetite who can eat anything. I gain weight just watching him. Kudos to your strong will!

Cheryl Peters said...

MARY ANNE GRUEN: Thank you for commenting. Sometimes I do better at eating healthy than I do at other times. Right now, I'm being very strict and because of that I've lost 9 pounds since the first of the year. I'm right where I want to be. It's not much fun though. If I want to lose weight, I really have to nearly starve myself or so it seems.

Thanks again for stopping in and leaving evidence. I get lonely here sometimes.