Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Birds Minding Their Own Business

I picked up my camera this afternoon, hoping to capture a few good bird pictures through the sliding glass doors in our kitchen.  An hour or so later, I downloaded 133 new photos to my computer.

I'm going to put my favorites here in hopes that you'll enjoy them. 



I love the snow blowing across the images in these photographs.

Is that a gorgeous red or what!

I have trouble picking out the "best" pictures, thus I don't leave many out.


Actually, this birdfeeder is on the north side of our house.  I took these cardinal photos through the window in the family room.  
Now I'm at the sliding glass doors facing west. With the snowflakes, came the birds.  There was never a dull moment at the feeding stations.

Everyone was clamoring to fill their bellies while the getting was good.

This fellows getting into some sunflower hearts.

Five birds in one photo!  Awesome.  

"Good grief.  It's a madhouse down there!"

Exit, stage right! 





The peacefulness of the afternoon changed in the blink of an eye.  I'll  share the drama in my next blog post.   

No comments: