Thursday, October 7, 2010

Come On. Let's Go For A Walk

...Shaddy, a cup of coffee and a view...
...Razzberries & Cream coffee and fishing poles galore...
Lon's the first one down to the lake this morning.
...another view from the deck...
...a glimpse of the boathouse...
Ahh, life is good.
...eeny, meeny, miney, mo...
Could one be blue with this view?
...Lon, Jared and Jared's fishing boat...
...a last minute gear check...
Have fun and good luck guys.
Oops.  Here's one more before they headed out.
On my walk to the store, I passed the resort's roadside sign.
...a pleasant surprise...
A house sits atop this tiny island in Spring Bay.
 ...my first clue that jawbreakers grow on trees...
I walked to Moosebirds to get eggs and dog-gone-it, they had closed for the season.

Who knew?
I was welcome to sit for a spell but I kept moving.

I can live without eggs, but I'm sure gonna miss Moosebird's ice cream cones.
...fluffy cattails...
  This pier isn't nearly as long as it appears from this perspective.

...waving autumn tall grass...

...October's bright blue skies...
I like these fuzzheads.  See em?
I can see the potential in this little pine.
Tree bark can be beautiful too.
...more surprises...
Today I'll go to the right, back to White Eagle Resort.  Tomorrow I'll go left on the road to private summer homes.

For more photos of our vacation, go to my previous post.

Here it is, Friday morning.  Unfortunately, I'm having technical difficulties related to posting photos to my blog.  I'm hoping that the additional storage I ordered this morning will be effective fairly soon and will put me back in business.  Until then, you get a vacation from me!!   

8 comments:

Linda McMann said...

Once again, beautiful pictures. What a wonderful place - is it as quiet as it looks? What is the temp? I love the tree bark and the views of the lake. Maybe you will have to have fish for breakfast instead of eggs??

Cheryl Peters said...

PARROT: Yes, it's very quiet at this time of the year. The temps have risen to the upper 60s midday. The guys haven't had any luck fishing yet. They're going for the big muskies. The lures they're using are nearly a foot long. It's a good thing they're painters with strong shoulders, arms and wrists or it'd be hard to cast those heavy lures all day long. Lon and Jared fish for sport rather than to put food on the table so I went into the nearest town to get eggs. It's time for coffee and a walk. Catch you later.

Anonymous said...

Sigh

What a wonderful bunch of pictures my dear. I just love the narrative too. It's so pretty up there, and you certainly know how to capture the beauty of the place. Thanks for putting this up for us. Me loves :)

Hope you've had a nice walk this mornin'.

Cheryl Peters said...

SARIE: It's gorgeous this morning. The sun's shining, it's warm and very still. The guys are out on the lake this morning with a guide. They thought they'd give that a shot. I've been having to struggle to post photos to my blog and I ran out of storage. I ordered more through Google but it may take a while for it to be usable. I've got several more photos to post. I should wait until I get home to put them on my blog.

I hope your birthday was lots of fun for you.

Walk said...

It's a good thing I'm wearing green this morning, it hides the envious green I'm turning.

Looks like a beautiful place, enjoy a cup by the lake for me.

Cheryl Peters said...

WALK: It's heavenly for sure. I'm heading with a book to my chair among the pines overlooking the lake. I wish all of you were relaxing as I am. Hopefully the photos I posted gave you a few moments of peace.

Jana said...

Oh my goodness, thanks for the beautiful pictures. It looks like a wonderful time. Now I'm motivated to get out in nature a bit -- I'm strapping on my tennies right now.

Cheryl Peters said...

JANA: Thank you for stopping here and leaving your thoughts. Enjoy your walk.