Thursday, October 28, 2010

Why Not Yesember?


What an encouraging quote for those who will participate in National Novel Writing Month!




As I consider the month of November, I can’t help but think that Yesember would be a more positive name for the next to the last month of the year.  I know.  It’s a silly thought.  Unfortunately, my noggin’s full of silly thoughts (as you well know) and to relieve the pressure I have to release them frequently. 
Yes, indeed, month number eleven approaches.  As I photograph the artistry in my datebook for this November blog post and observe the scant number of pages yet to be turned before year end, it’s frighteningly clear that 2010 is running out of days. 
November will have her arms full when she arrives.  She’ll dole out the following special days as she marches with us from the first to the thirtieth: 
Nov. 1-All Saints’ Day
        2-Election Day
        3-Guy Fawke’s Day
        7-Daylight Saving Time Ends
        11-Veterans’ Day
        25-Thanksgiving Day
I’ll be busy with NaNoWriMo (you must be getting awfully tired of reading about that already) which means the month will pass in a blur.  Hopefully, I won’t forget I’m having company for Thanksgiving!!    

7 comments:

Linda McMann said...

Really - are we invited??

Cheryl Peters said...

PARROT: You're welcome to come if you don't mind eating in the bedroom. I'm afraid the other rooms will be full. If you recall, our bedsheets are plastic so any number of guests can pull up chairs to our king-size bed and even have food fights if so inclined!!!

Anonymous said...

I really love that quote Shaddy. And I agree, Yesember works much better than November. Where does one find a datebook like that by the way? I think I need to get one for next year, don't you?

Good luck with the book! Just a few more days to prepare, yikes! You'll do great, I know you will!

Cheryl Peters said...

SARIE: Yes, you definitely should have a datebook like mine!! I bought it at the TJMaxx in Janesville and saved a bunch.

Say hi to the UPS man for me today. :)

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Yesember indeed!
Both my parents have their birthdays too!
Enjoy the season Shaddy aka cheryl!
XO as always my dear!

Cheryl Peters said...

LENORE: It's so good to have you back again. My "Yesember" calendar has 10 birthdays and an anniversary. It's the busiest month of the year for sending cards. Except of course for Christmas. Enjoy your Sunday!

Natasha said...

You cracked me up with your plastic sheets comment! I'll be there for the food fight.