Friday, February 14, 2020

Just Live



I like to be in control. It's a nasty affliction. 

For several years, when my two brothers from Michigan would be in town for the Thanksgiving weekend, I would mail all four of my brothers, schedules of what we were going to do, when and where. Being the only girl in the family, I assumed I should be in charge. Isn't that presumptuous?

I must say, it worked pretty well. At least for ME it did. 

I'm happy to report I gave that up a couple of years ago. Instead, I relax, breathe, let go and just live. I'm working on the other 364 days of the year!!

5 comments:

Cap said...

Sounds like a good plan to us. Sometimes however, planning and a schedule are a good idea if you don't overdo it. Smiling with you .. Cap and Patto

Cheryl Peters said...

Thank you for commenting. Yes, moderation is the best method for most everything.

Beth said...

I have that thing inside, too, that tries to tell me I'm somehow responsible for other peoples' happiness, comfort, etc. The analytical part of my brain assures me that's ridiculous (it's right), but still. . . it's hard. Maybe both of us are less anxious when there's a plan.

Cheryl Peters said...

Hi!

Cap said...

Still smiling along with you Cheryl .. Cap and Patti up in Alaska