Friday, September 24, 2010

Experimenting With Blog Creation Options

To create a new post, I come to this screen.
Somehow, I changed the options for creating my blog posts.  I clicked on a few tabs and was suddenly offered a whole bunch of possibilities.  Some options were available on my previous system but I'm sure new ones have been added.  I'm as sure as an unobservant person can be. 

Now I can type in almost any color imaginable.  How about orange for Halloween?  Blue is cool.  Green ain't too bad either.  What if I can't decide which color to use? 
After a day or two I'll probably go back to basic black. 
For now, I'll show off what I can do.

I can underline words.  That's kind of fun.  I can be bold and I can be in italics. I can cross out words as I type them.  Well, why write if it's that bad!

I can type small.
I can type normal.
I can type large.
I can type largest.

I can use the Arial font, the Courier font,Georgia, Helvitica, Times, Trebuchet, and Verdana.

I can use a colored background.  Whoknew such things were possible?

Somehow I've been magically gifted with these new abilities or else I just never paid attention before.  That could very easily be it.

 Below I've included a couple of random pictures from previous posts.
My work satchel.  See how my words are a caption under the photo?  That I like.



A very important vitamin.

I'd like to do some normal typing but for some reason everything is becoming a caption.  Good grief.  I want the old technology back.  Does anyone know how I can get out of this caption mode?
Hmm.  I'm out of the caption mode but I don't know how I accomplished it!!!!!

I'll just have to keep experimenting to find out how to operate in this new territory.
Numbered list:
  1. Letters
  2. Starfish
  3. Crumpets
  4. Deviled eggs
  5. Soap bars
          Bullet list
  • Hey, hey this is cool
  • Now I know what a bullet list is
  • You can teach an old dog new tricks after all!!
  • Dang
  • Yikes
  • Ouch
THANKS FOR PUTTING UP WITH MY SILLINESS AND SLOW LEARNER STATUS!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you go! Whew!!!! You're discovering all kinds of fun Blogger tools girl!

On a side note. I, um, LOVE your work satchel!!!!! That is just the coolest bag I've seen in a while. You have such great taste :)

Happy Thursday Shaddy! Thanks for keeping me going....
Love,
Sarie

Natasha said...

Like the new blog skin! Have fun experimenting with all your new-found capabilities.

Cheryl Peters said...

SARIE: My brother, Carl, gave me the satchel. I've been using it for years and it's still like new. I love the open top that allows me to fill it and then add some more!!!

Are my gadgets showing up these days? Vanessa suggested that I change my template-at least that's what I thought she told me. I don't think the change made any difference.

Enjoy the sunshine and beautiful temps!

NATASHA: It's like getting tattoed without the pain. I suspect I'll experiment and then fall back into the old and familiar.

Linda McMann said...

What fun - and even in holiday color theme. I'll have to give it a go one of these days when blue sky in Oregon becomes only a memory.

Cheryl Peters said...

PARROT: I knew I had to have this background as soon as I tried it. It's kind of a happy go lucky combination of colors and patterns.

Anonymous said...

No, no gadgets in your sidebar here on my screen. Sorry :( I have no clue what would cause that either. It kinda bums me out because I used your bloglist to visit other blogs too. I'm sure it will reappear at some point.

I like the new template too!

Cheryl Peters said...

SARIE: Thanks for getting back to me regarding my blankety, blank, blank blog. It's worked well for so long I can't understand what the problem is. I can get the sidebar to show up on my computer by clicking edit post and then publish post. Strange, huh?

I added my name to my blog title as an identifier since my photo isn't showing up.

Hopefully it'll straighten up and fly right one day real soon!

Linda McMann said...

OK, I wanted to comment on your one cent find, but didn't see where I could leave a comment, so you get one here! Yep- I do pick up pennies, unless it is somewhere there are kids and they would see it. Then I leave it for them!

Cheryl Peters said...

PARROT: Thanks for persisting! I changed the text color and now it shows up better.