Saturday, July 27, 2019

My Quest to Save Monarch Butterflies, Part 10






(The photos are clearer if you touch them and they enlarge).

I kept a lot of records last summer. I was so interested in everything I was observing, I just had to. 😊

The first list above is release dates of my monarch butterflies. I enjoyed naming them and was able to follow the growth of each caterpillar. I had several mesh enclosures so I was able to identify caterpillars with small name tags on the floor of their safe space.

The other lists indicate each caterpillar's history. I marked down if I adopted it as an egg or caterpillar. I kept track of growth and developmental stages including j hanging, chrysalis formation and the fun day when they emerged from their chrysalides and flew off.

2 comments:

Cap said...

What a project .. Amazing .. Cap and Patti

Cap said...

Keep them coming .. Cap and Patti