Tuesday, December 31, 2019

December 31st, 2019, My Favorite New Year's Eve Ever


New Year's Eve nudged me from my cozy bed early this morning. Reviewing my day so far, I can say I've done a year's worth of work already today. The Ever Ready bunny rep is applauding me.  I'm about to initiate my holiday celebration with a Raspberry Tart beer brewed and bottled by New Glarus Brewing Co. here in southern Wisconsin.

Three extraordinary occasions occurred in 2019.

1.  I turned 70.
2.  My husband and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary.
3.  I retired.

Fortunately, I don't feel 70, Lon and I are happier together than ever before, and I'm finding retirement is a joy I didn't foresee.

I plan to become best friends with my blog. I am easily motivated to pound out a few words and post a few photos.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU.



   

4 comments:

Rob said...

Small world! You turned 70, I turned 50. You celebrated 50 years of marriage and today is my 25th wedding anniversary. You retired. Ok well, I'm still working :)

Cap said...

Nice. Smiles .. Cap and Patti ..

Cheryl Peters said...

Do you think you will ever catch up with me??🤣🤣🤣
Happy Birthday, Anniversary and wishes for an early retirement. 😊

Elizabeth Westmark said...

Happy New Year, Cheryl! So glad to see you recommitting some of your extensive creativity back to "ye olde blog." I am doing the same thing. Looking forward to reading Gully's again, too. She is incredibly prolific and such a fine writer and photographer. Come see me!