Monday, January 20, 2020

Seventy-One Years and Just Getting Warmed Up



Birthdays are a blessing. I’ve always embraced them although the decade marking years have presented a challenge. This year isn’t one of those so I’m charging full speed ahead.

This past year, since I turned 70, was a winner. Besides reaching that milestone, Lon and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary by taking a Panama Canal cruise and I retired in November. Phew, what a year!

I’m excited by everything. Wherever I look, I feel blessed with the view. 

I thank Lon and Jared and all of my family and friends, for contributing (each in their own unique way) to the joy I am experiencing.


4 comments:

Beth said...

We're lucky to be living in a time when our longevity, fitness, willingness to embrace technology, great family and friends, and native curiosity combine to make life fun. Cool, huh?

Cheryl Peters said...

Very cool, Beth. Every single day, I marvel at the miracles of technology.

Cap said...

Now THAT'S THE ATTITUDE TO HAVE .. Seventy-One Years and Just Getting Warmed Up. Believe me when I promise that (maybe soon) you will wonder how you had the time to work. Smiling .. Cap and Patti

Cheryl Peters said...

Cap and Patti,
It has happened already!!!! Thank you for commenting.

Take care,
Shaddy