Wednesday, January 29, 2020

It's Been 8 Months and Counting Since I Retired



I see myself in this robin. Does he look uncertain to you? I selected this photo from my archives because that’s how I often feel.

Retirement is a challenging undertaking. I didn’t simply walk away from my job. From a routine that spanned 28 years, I stepped into a world full of possibilities. I have many interests. Each one is tapping my shoulder, whispering promises in my ear. I’m trying to undertake too much, too soon. My personality pushes me beyond my actual limits.

I’m stumbling. I haven’t fallen. I have good physical balance. I believe over time, I will achieve better overall balance.

I know my case isn’t unusual. Drastic change always demands adjustments. 

I can see the light. I will follow it.

Follow your light.

1 comment:

Cap said...

You are right-on-schedule except you are far older than I was when I retired at age 53 years. Maybe this does make the transition a bit more difficult for you. Yes the Robin does look more than a tad confused. Smiles .. Cap and Patti